Peer Review

• Just want to start by saying I’m sorry for your lost! You can tell by your writing that your a very compassionate and caring person. I like how you started off by explaining how you looked up to your mother and basically followed in her footsteps. What seems to be the main message of this essay, where my heart dropped and I felt very connected is when you started explaining how taking care of people wasn’t only a job career for you it actually became a real life situation for you. I also connected with your essay when you started describing the feeling of taking a test that predicts the outcome of your future. I feel like everyone experience that feeling for example mine was taking the SAT to get into college. “I remember after taking the test removing my hand from the desk and seeing a moistened hand print there.” loved that part because its very relatable. one thing I think you should elaborate on is how hard it was for you to take on a “mom” role so young, you started to explain but a little more would have been nice. Overall GREAT memoir.